Features Of A Good Reservation System
8/18/2016 3:52 PM
There are countless systems for reservation, and when you choose one, you have to evaluate the different possibilities and features of each system, and choose the one that best suits your needs. Before starting with the basic features that any room scheduling software has, first we should clarify that there are three kinds of systems of reservations:
Open Source systems
They are designed with an open source, so anyone can download the program for free (or for a small fee), and modify or adapt it according to your tastes or needs. Today there are very few good options for Open Source reservation systems, since most of them only have very basic features and cannot compete with other systems.
They are designed by programmers, particularly for a particular hotel. This type of software will be adapted to the situation and needs of each particular hotel. One of the main advantage of this type of system is that customers can make online reservations themselves, without the intervention of third parties, and therefore, without paying commissions. The disadvantage is that this kind of system usually doesn’t include IDS (Internet Distribution System) to work through specialized portals reserves.
Third Party Systems
This reservation system is shared by all hotels that have an agreement with the website. The advantage is that they are very complete, offering constant updates and improvements and many have IDS. The disadvantage is that you have to pay high fee, plus a commission fee for each sale. In addition, the system is not suited to any hotel or company.
Here are some features to have a good system for your business
1. Interface must be simple, intuitive, and easy to use. This is very important for customers to make the reservation they want with ease, and for employees to work with the system smoothly.
2. Integration with the hoteling management system. The reservation system and hoteling system must be coordinated perfectly, constantly updating room availability, changes in rates, etc.
3. Add value to the service. It is important that the reservation system gives the client a variety of languages interface, operating with different currencies, and sending immediate booking confirmation via email or SMS and also allows to offer additional services, such as spa treatments, transport, shows or room service, in the same booking process. These details add value to the service customers are receiving.
4. Tools for customer loyalty. A good reservation system has tools for customer loyalty, analyzing the database and sending newsletter or emails with offers, special discounts and promotions, examining the preferences of each customer to offer products that best suit to their profile.
5. A good reservation system can significantly improve the competitiveness of the company, especially in small hotels, so it is important to choose carefully the reservation system that you will use in yours.